POLICY AND PRIVACY
The type of processing undertaken includes: personal information to enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the national public. Our processing also includes the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime. We have appropriate physical, technical and organisational security measures to ensure data is kept safe and secure. Information may be processed and stored through a variety of means, including our database, payments invoicing and payments processing (please note that we do not store card details). We do not sell personal information of our customers to third parties.
For further information about your data, please email us at: or write to us at our address: Broad Acres, New Lane, Girton, Newark, NG23 7HY.
Collection and Processing of Personal Data
Bookings (provision of goods and/or services): in order to provide goods and/or services, information such as names, addresses, contact telephone numbers, e-mails, booking information (e.g. ticketing/rooming requirements, etc.) and sensitive personal information (e.g. dietary/food allergy/health information) is collected and processed in order for us to carry out our contractual obligations. We may also process and store data (for varying lengths of time, for up to 7 years) in order to meet our legitimate interests or to comply with legal obligations. When booking on behalf of others (e.g. as a group leader of a group booking) then you agree to undertake all reasonable steps to ensure third parties named in a group booking have given their explicit consent for their data to be shared with and processed by us in connection with such bookings. Personal data may be disclosed internally with our management team, staff and volunteer teams, with our business partners and suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. retreat leaders). Personal data may also be disclosed by us in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of booking and other agreements; to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Marketing Communications (electronic communications): where you have consented to this, we will use your e-mail address to send you electronic communications as per your preferences. You can opt-out of electronic marketing communications at any time.
Marketing Communications (postal marketing): unless you have requested otherwise, from time-to-time we may send you postal marketing information in order to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or have enquired about. You can opt-out of postal marketing communications at any time by contacting us at our registered address.
Profiling (website and email analytics): we make use of analytics whenever you visit our website or receive an electronic (e-mail) marketing communication from us to enable us to review, develop and improve our products and services.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all bookings made through Hope Haven.
1. Deposits are non-refundable in the event of guest cancellation;
2. Cancellation Policy for Groups and Individuals:
i. In the event of cancellation of a confirmed booking the following charges will apply:
ii. Up to 6 weeks notice of cancellation, 50% of total payment is forfeited;
iii. Within 3 weeks' notice of cancellation, 75% of total payment is forfeited;
iv. 1 week or less notice of cancellation, 100% of total payment is forfeited;
v. Extenuating circumstances considered (in writing to the Operations Manager).
4. Guests are responsible for the insurance of their own effects whilst at Hope Haven and possible cancellation costs. Hope Haven cannot be held responsible for such losses;
5. It is regretted that pets are not allowed, with the exception of registered guide dogs;
6. The premises are unlicensed and a NO SMOKING POLICY applies within the Hope Haven;
7. All accounts are to be settled in full, four weeks before the booked date(s), in cash, by cheque, or BACS payment;
8. In keeping with our Statement of Faith, and as a residential Christian retreat with a residential Christian community at its core, we would expect all church groups, Christian organisations, and any other guests to be in sympathy with the Christian ethos of Hope Haven, even if they are not practising Christians themselves. We reserve the right to refuse any booking which may be incompatible with the Christian ethos of Hope Haven;
9. If through circumstances beyond our immediate control it becomes necessary to cancel an event or limit availability, all payments made will be reimbursed within 7 days in full settlement of any claim.